Upcoming Shows




We've been named as a official selection in the Southern Circuit of Filmmakers Tour, March 17-24.

Shows are in Hapeville, GA 3/17, Madison, GA 3/20, Orangeburg, SC 3/22, Gainsville, GA 3/23, and Manteo, NC 3/24.
Learn more by going to the SouthArts blog.

View the theatrical trailer for A Gift for the Village

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Our Pleasure, please: An Ambassador's Invitation, from Jane, July 29

Today Jenna and I picked up four invitations, for Jenna, Amchi Tsampa, his daughter Lhakpa Dhoma, and me. We must R.S.V.P. by phone as well as present the invitations at the security gate. Each invitation is individually printed, and embossed with a golden great seal of the United States of America. The text of mine reads:

The Ambassador of the United States of America
and Mrs. Scott H. DeLisi
request the pleasure of the company of
Ms. Jane Vance
at the screening of "A Gift for the Village" with the Amchi Lama
followed by Buffet Dinner
on Saturday, July 31, 2010
at six-thirty o'clock p.m.

Included in each envelope is also a nice synopsis of our project and an introduction to the film.

Dress, praise the gods for my sake, is casual. Jenna has bought a beautiful salwar khameez--a long, flowing top and Arabian pants--in hot terracotta shades, so she will look ravishing, whereas my beauty will reside (where else?) in my necklaces.

I am so proud of my team, that this film now creates an evening event for an American Ambassador and his guests. How exciting.

I am so grateful to be part of a collaboration based on gifts. The heart of our film, in my mind, happens when Jenna speaks, near the end: "The gift happened long before the festival." She talks about reciprocation, and the synchronicity and confluence of so much generosity when two cultures really come together to share an experience.

We can't wait to bring the film to American audiences as well, once we are home. Jane

1 comment:

Donna-Marie said...

Jane, my dear, even though I spent only a short time in your home, I can tell you that your beauty is not in your necklaces (although they may be lovely), but in your heart and hospitality.